So, you want to promote your online shop products on Instagram or just test your curiosity about ways to insert links in Instagram. Then, keep on reading this article to find out how to do that. Let’s go!
What’s the Use of Inserting Links in Instagram?
Ultimately, when you insert a link in Instagram, people who click the link will be redirected to the destined link, such as a website or online shop. Therefore, it is quite beneficial for those Instagram users who own a website or online shop.
The first benefit is that you can promote your website to Instagram’s users. By doing this, you have to switch your account into a public or professional business account first.
The second benefit is actually related to the first one. The more people click on your link, the more traffic you will get to your website or online shop.
It’s pretty much advantageous, right? Now, the question is how to insert a link on Instagram story and bio? See the details below!
Inserting Link on Instagram Story
You can do almost everything on Instagram apart from posting photos or videos. You can also insert a link to your website as well. However, in order to do this, your account should be a verified account and have more than or equal to 10K followers.
After that, you may expect the ‘Swipe Up’ feature to post a link. Here is what you should do.
- Open your Instagram application from your phone.
- Then, create a story like you normally do by swiping left on screen or click the add story on your profile picture icon.
- On Story Creation, you can post a photo, video, or words. Then, on the upper right side, you can see the ‘Chain’ icon. Click that icon and you can insert the link.
- Finally, you can post the story to publish it. Once the story is posted, you can review it and you can expect the ‘Swipe Up’ feature is there. It’s defined by ‘See More’. That’s how you post a link on Instagram.
Inserting Link on Instagram Bio
Adding a website or blog site to your Instagram bio is very useful if you want to promote yours. Here are simple steps on how to add a clickable link on Instagram bio.
- Open your Instagram application on your phone.
- Navigate to your profile page by clicking the icon containing your profile picture on the right side corner of your screen.
- Once you get there, click ‘Edit Profile’ to edit your profile information.
- On the Edit Profile, you will see the ‘Website’ field is empty. Fill it with your website or blog link.
- Save it to see the change. Now when you go back to your profile, you can see your website on the bio.
Wrap It Up
That’s how to insert links in Instagram bio and story. How is it? It’s simple and easy, right? However your method is, inserting a link to your Instagram account is really helpful when you want to promote a website, blog, or online shop.
Last but not least, you have to be careful though not to insert a link that contains sensitive information.
Now, it’s your turn to try yourself. Happy posting!